Applied Wayfinding is looking to grow its freelance associate network of designers. We are looking for design professionals with a minimum of 3 years’ experience, who are eager to work on innovative wayfinding and information systems for the world’s leading cities, organisations, and institutions.
In particular, we are looking for the following specialists:
- Information designers
- Graphic designers
- Wayfinding designers
- Brand/visual identity designers
- Environmental graphic designers
- Industrial/product designers
- UI/UX/Digital product designers
We prefer our freelancers to be able to work from our friendly London studio (Covent Garden) on a full or part time basis during project development.
Freelancers are expected to be highly motivated and passionate individuals, with the ambition and drive to deliver projects of the highest quality. They will work seamlessly with Applied’s creative directors, project managers, designers, and planners, while being able to work effectively and efficiently on their own initiative.
Skills and responsibilities
You will demonstrate a deep understanding of your field, backed up with a portfolio that underlines proficiency in your specialism. You will exhibit an ability to ideate, visualise and iterate strong design concepts. You will need to be confident and articulate, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Further skills include ability to:
- Deliver of projects from conception to production with minimal supervision
- Develop innovative design solutions for client deliverables
- Plan and execute client presentation materials
- Relate design work to the client’s business needs
- Communicate clearly with all team members to ensure efficient workflow
- Utilise software/tools relevant to your specialism, such as Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, and/or 3D modelling, CAD software
Candidates will have worked for at least 3 years within the design industry, and be at middleweight or senior level. You will need to be available to work from within Applied’s London studio on at least a part time basis.
The role may require occasional travel to work at client site or other locations as part of a project team providing design, conceptualisation and solutions pertaining to deliverables.
How to apply:
If you feel you have some or all of the skills and experience we are looking for, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please submit your CV, portfolio, and cover letter to email@example.com and title your email ‘Freelance [Your Specialism] Application’.
Due to the high volume of applications we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants. If you have not been notified of the outcome of your application within three weeks of submitting your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.