We’re looking for a mid-level to senior project manager to join our friendly London studio, to help us create innovative wayfinding systems for the world’s leading cities, organisations, and institutions, across exterior, interior and campus environments.
You’ll deliver projects that range from wayfinding and information design to environmental graphic design, working closely with the Designers, Planners, Directors and project leads to ensure projects are delivered on time and to budget.
This position if for maternity leave cover, with the possibility of becoming a permanent role.
- Overseeing, planning and delivering a range of projects
- Managing budgets
- Working on a daily basis with Executive Directors, Designers and Planners
- Working and liaising with clients, contractors and external organisations
- Coordinating the resourcing of the design and planning teams by reviewing resource needs with the other project managers, executive directors, designers and planners on all projects
- Coordinating with the finance team to ensure a timely, accurate billing and payment process
Monitor and provide information on all project budgets to ensure they are run on budget and on time
- Monitor and provide information on project management processes
- Ensure the accuracy of information by taking responsibility for thoroughly checking your work
- Set up document templates methodically, consistently and in accordance with Applied protocols
- Ensure yours and others work is filed and labelled according to the Applied protocols
- Ensure you and others are proficient, to a level, that enables you to carry out your duties, with the studios project management tools
- Ensure you and others follow company wide administrative/studio processes and protocols and company resources are treated with respect
- Ensure you and other diligently record time spent, by project, using the prescribed company system
- Liaise with and provide progress reports as required to project leads and executive directors.
- Attend and present at meetings, including client meetings, as required
- Provide mentoring, training and support to others as required
- Support the recruitment and induction of other project managers
- Assist the executive directors in the commercial aspects of the business including advice on pricing, proposal writing and strategic development
- Provide general support and advice to the studio on its resource and infrastructure development
- Represent the company with professionalism and credibility to clients, contractors and other third parties
- Travel as required
The above is a general description of duties. The post holder may be expected to perform other duties as necessary and appropriate to ensure the effective running of the business and its services.
The company reserves the right to make reasonable changes to this job description as required by the demands of the business.
If you feel you have some or all of the skills and interests we are looking for, we would love to hear from you. To apply please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and title your email with the heading ‘Project Manager Position’.